- Twenty Questions: Anthony OriolaJune 19, 2017Boston Red Sox pitcher Rick Porcello wore the same sweat-stained hat all [read more…]
- Record Setting Soph Captures C & I GolfMay 24, 2017St. John Paul II High School sophomore Kristina Thimme wanted to do well [read more…]
- Football Coach Ready for ChallengeMay 19, 2017After an injury during sophomore year at Nichols College curtailed his [read more…]
- Twenty Questions: Casey SullivanMay 12, 2017When she graduates from St. John Paul II next month, senior lacrosse [read more…]
- Boston Herald Top 25: Baseball and Girls LacrosseMay 8, 2017Baseball and girls lacrosse teams featured (“On the Bench”) in [read more…]
Faith, Family, and Academics form the centerpiece of the JPII athletic program. These are essential elements to prepare you for success in the world in which you will live, work, play, and pray.
Faith forms the cornerstone of your JPII athletic experience. In believing in something greater than yourself and what is sometimes unseen, you will build a stronger faith in yourself, in your school, in your coaches, and in your teammates. This stronger faith will make you a better teammate and loyal Lion family member.
Family atmosphere is critical to all we do. Family at home. Family at school. Family of student-athletes. You will build relationships, be taught to communicate, learn to be tolerant of others, and be afforded opportunities to lead in a positive manner. The support that you provide others will be essential to strengthening your “families.”
At St. John Paul II High School interscholastic-athletics are considered an extension of the classroom.
Classroom expectations such as daily attendance, punctuality, preparation, participation, and working together are also growth opportunities for you after the last class of the day is finished. The life lessons taught by your coaches will benefit you for years to come – in college, the workplace, your relationships, and in your community.
Seeking extra help from your teachers is not only encouraged but expected. You will be challenged to be the very best that you can be – the best athlete and the best teammate – and, most important, the best student that you can be.
Meet Our Coaches
| Discover the talent leading the Lions to victory