The arts at St. John Paul II High School enjoy a place of prominence in school life befitting their integral role in developing the whole person. Led by dedicated and talented visual and performing and visual arts faculty members, JPII students perform and create and in so doing expand their God-given talents and abilities.
The Visual Arts at JPII
The ability to interpret the world visually is an important skill and useful across all academic disciplines,. Our goal is to teach students to see their world. There are many visual arts courses to choose from and no matter what your ability, you are welcomed and encouraged to take art classes.
This course introduces students to a variety of media and design concepts with a strong emphasis on drawing and art history.
Students explore techniques in acrylic, watercolor and printmaking.
This course focuses on skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, with an eye toward creating both commercial and fine art digital work.
Students experiment with sculpture using wire, clay, papier mache, found objects, and more.
Students are challenged by more complicated subject matter and advanced techniques using pencil, charcoal and pastel.
This is an independent, student-driven and designed course for advanced and motivated art students looking to create a cohesive body of work.
Yearbook Online Ordering
- New Pick-Up/Drop-Off Pattern AnnouncedMay 14, 2018At St. John Paul II High School, the safety of our students is our […]
- Administrative Changes AnnouncedMay 9, 2018May 9, 2018 Feast of St. John of Avila Dear JPII & SFXP Parents, Due […]
- JP2 and SFXP Students’ Submissions Earn Top AwardsApril 6, 2018Nineteen students from JPII and SFXP had their work selected to be entered […]
- Teacher/Student Duo Take Center Stage for Art @ The MuseumJuly 24, 2017Osterville Historical Museum Press Release “I capture beauty in […]
- Student Artwork Continues To Garner Community RecognitionMay 4, 2017Ashley Grogan ’18, designed and painted a 3′ x 5′ painting as part […]